Thursday, April 15, 2010

Strange Happening in Sydney .... Clouds!

Today is the first time we have had a cloudy day and it`s also our last full day in Australia. If you want to hear someone complain about the weather, look elsewhere, as we have had the most amazing run of sunshine.

"Wicked" is playing in a theater very near our hotel so Bob went over and picked up tickets. As we see the performance, I will be thinking of how Sela used to sing "Popular" when she was little.

This morning we walked down to Circular Quay ("Key", right, Elizabeth?) to catch the ferry to Manly. Gray skies kept me from getting really good photos. We got to see from the water where we went with the Booths on land.

When we got back from Manly, we split up. I went on the hop-on, hop-off bus while Bob went walking. Eventually I ended up in the Rocks and shopped there; there was a market going on but it was really just foods for lunch. From the Rocks I walked back to our hotel mainly along George Street so that I could do any last shopping.

Below you can see a photo of the Anzac War Memorial and the pig in front of the hospital. It has a shiny nose because people rub it for luck. No one can ever see too many photos of the bridge and Opera House so I've put more here. The last is of the market at the Rocks.

For those of you who have left comments on the blog, I am not ignoring you. I still haven't figured out how to respond to comments. You would think if my dog can figure out how to comment, then I could too!
















No comments:

Post a Comment